DYS portfolio ideas:
I would look at the characteristics of Profoundly gifted and see if you can think of examples that support these ideas.

Give the age, if the work was done at school or home, done independently or with help and a description. You could give titles in a table of contents for organization with numbered pages. Make a format that is easily understood.

What was done with their knowledge? Did the child start a project that evolved over several years? Did your child win any related contests? Think about how a child stands out from peers in interest and ability. A portfolio can show the obssesive interests, process, determination, creativity, depth of interests, applications that evolve into more complex learning/projects. What above level reading or projects did they do that show their interest. The portfolio could be supporting examples to the questions in the application.

Keep asking questions here for ideas until you are satisfied the portfolio shows your child's uniqueness. You may PM me if you want. I have no expertise in this area but will help if I can.

Last edited by onthegomom; 12/07/09 08:00 AM.