Grinity -

Thanks for the reply!

I love your optimism and gusto.

I just re-read Ruf's levels from the 2004 write-up she did. http://www.educationaloptions.com/resources/resources_levels_giftedness.php

I think my ds is a solid level 2 overall, but maybe at LOG3 where math is concerned? (Many understood some multiplication, division and some fractions to 5�.)

His writing is at age-level though. I don't think he would be a good grade skip candidate . he's not working multiple years above his age level. more like 6-12 months.

Could he handle mid year 1st work? possibly. but I don't think there is much I could show the new school that would have them think , "this kid needs a grade skip!"

Also, schools in this state are so focused on writing and worksheets. I worry that 1st would have even more seat time than K.

you have given me some great ideas for next year though. If we make it to next year with the trad. public schools. I am going to look into charters with specialized curriculum for 2010-2011.

Acording to Ruf even LOG1, and LOG2 will start disliking regular school by 1st and 2nd grade.
level 2: Many showed impatience with repetition and slow pace at school by age 6-7. level 1: Many showing impatience with repetition and slow pace at school by age seven or eight.

so for now, I am going to ask what the K teachers at the new school do for in class differentiation.

Last edited by EastnWest; 12/05/09 01:36 AM. Reason: added