I had a meeting with the middle school today. The counselor was very nice. She pulled out all the textbooks for me to see what the sixth graders are using. None of it will work, my DD10 is passed all of it and it appear is finishing the middle school curriculum this year. It doesn't sound favorable for any kind of additional advancement in classes, except maybe foreign languages since that is an exploratory class, not a core. I hate to say it but I think I am done advocating for this child with this school district, at least until we look at her "chronological" junior and senior years. Then they can be forced to pay for CC classes if she takes one class at the high school. They generally don't get it and those that do have their hands tied by the big guys at the top and all the budget cuts, etc. The counselor was honest and said that I should look elsewhere. In some ways it's a relief. Especially if it means I don't have to listen to one more "socialization" speech, however nicely given. wink

Last edited by melmichigan; 12/01/09 09:46 AM.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader