GD5 (just turned 5-1/2 & in K) was tested at age 4-8 at her private preschool by their school psychologist consultant. Pysc. said she wanted to do different testing, but since she scored from above avg - superior, school said no need to test more. GD hit a lot of developments early (except writing) and taught herself to read at age 3 and reads very fluently. She is also ahead in math and is very bored with K curriculum. No testing has been done yet in K.

Phys. said GD was "way up there" but I've looked back at her scores and not sure if they alone are "gifted" scores. Psyc. said other IQ tests would have been better and age, attention and cooperation were factors.

Is anyone familiar with the following tests and feel they can tell me if they would be considered indicators of any particular LOG? The Detroit IQ scores do not seem that high although the KTEA are much higher.

She administered the Detroit Tests of Learning Aptitude - Primary:Third Edition. Scores were as follows:

Std. Score(mean - 100)/Percentile/Descriptive/Age Equivalent

General Abil./ 126/ 96%/ Superior/ 6-0
Verbal-Enhanc/ 120/ 91%/ Above Aver./ 5-8
Verbal-Reduced/ 129/ 97%/ Superior/ 6-8
Attention-Enh/ 110/ 75%/ Average/ 5-8
Attention-Red/ 125/ 96%/ Superior/ 6-3
Motor-enhanced/ 121/ 92%/ Superior/ 5-10
Motor-reduced/ 122/ 93%/ Superior/ 5-11

Notation made that statistically significant differences exist between her composite score on the Attention-Enhanced tasks and General Ability Score (GA) suggesting a weakness in following a sequence of directions, repeating sentences just heard, repeating a umber sequence, and/or other tasks requiring concentration.

(Does the above weakness suggest anything specific to anyone?)

She was also given the KTEA-II (Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement-II) with the following results reported:

Standard Score/ Percentile
Letter-Word Identification 160/ >99.9
Math Concepts & Applications 125/ 95
Written Expression 160/ >99.9
Listening Comprehension 125/ 95
Oral Expression 111/ 77

Comprehensive Achievement Composite(CAC) 160/ >99.9

She was also given the Dolch Sight Word List and read most of the words including 36 out of 40 Third Grade words. Tester said she thought she could have read more but sometimes would say - oh, I don't know. Only additional reading assessment was that she appeared to be reading at up to the Third Grade Level (was not prepared to test higher).

"Analysis of the specified assessments, interviews, and observation indicates that she has Superior overall intellectual functioning and appears to be functioning up to the beginning of Second Grade instructional level".

If any of you testing knowledgeable members out there could tell me what this information indicates (if anything) about LOG, I would appreciate it. I know she learns very quickly and says and does things well beyond her years, but does it look like she is potentially more than MG? Looking at the Levels of Giftedness checklists, I would put her at L3 or possibly L4 (with the exception of writing/drawing). But if the Detroit IQ test scores/percentiles are accurate, maybe I'm mistaken.

Last year in Pre-K and this year in K she starts off excited about learning/school, but then realizes she already knows everything they are teaching and becomes bored/frustrated. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the expense to have her privately tested again this year at 5-1/2 to see if her IQ will really require special education accommodations beyond what our PS will offer. If she was happy in the regular classroom or getting any accelerated work, I would probably wait and see till she was at least 6.

Any insights would be appreciated.