DD was considered for our school's GT program, but missed the cut-off by a couple of points on her WISC-IV. I have a few misgivings about the way the test was conducted and would like to have her retested by someone else in a year.

I anticipate that our school will not welcome outside test scores. They have already refused to use the GAI from her existing WISC-IV results, even though the huge discrepancy in DD's subtest scores suggest that they should. They have made it very clear that they can only accept a certain number of students into the program and their decision is final. Given that they are likely to be resistant, I want to make sure that DD's retesting is entirely legitimate, so that there can be no technical or other reason for them to reject it.

Can anyone offer guidance? I am also interested in hearing about the experiences of people who have successfully or unsuccessfully proposed that their child be reconsidered using scores obtained from outside testing. I have so many questions, like is it a good idea to let the school know that we plan to do this, or to ask them to recommend an outside tester?