Dottie and ch64- Is asking for this no big deal? In terms of the testers efforts- would this request make them mad in any way? My situation feels very delicate.

I offered a DYS portfolio of my son's work to the principal and she was insulted. She said, I think our teachers know their students very well. I told her I'm not disagreeing but there was information in the portfolio that they would not know otherwise. She took it and talked about passing it on. They were also defensive about DYS and seemed worried they were going to take over. I tried to reassure them DYS is a good thing and told them we may not get accepted with our minimal scores. The school Psychologist/tester said his scores were not PG. I said they maybe looking at the scores a different way because they wanted broad score she didn't originally generate. In summary they are helping to give my DS some things to be excited about in school but they don't seem too happy with me. I tried so hard to keep it nice but it didn't go that way. It's a bit discouraging.

Last edited by onthegomom; 11/09/09 07:54 AM.