Originally Posted by djf
I was at Andover for 11th and 12th grade during the mid-1980's, 10 or 12 years after George W Bush was there.

Hope this helps!
PJF,
Thank you for the objective post about your personal experience at Andover. The way you describe yourself as a teenager reminds me of my son.
Like CFK, my son also attends a day/boarding school. He is still considered a geek, but it is not a hostile environment. Unfortunately, due to the commute, he can�t participate in extracurriculars to the extent that he would like. He particularly enjoys working with the older geeky kids in his math and physics courses although the best aspect of the school in his opinion, are his teachers and mentors. They are all so well qualified in their particular subjects and they treat him more as a professional underling than an annoyance or at best, a tolerated student. Ds�s conversations with his teachers are never confined to the parameters of the weekly lesson objectives. A few have commented to me that they enjoy his depth and the intellectual challenge he often poses. I do not think he would ever want to go back to a regular school.

BTW, he did have some teachers and an administrator who appreciated his interest in learning at his previous (high achieving) regular school, but the structure is so very different.

Last edited by delbows; 10/23/09 06:32 PM. Reason: added last comment