I'm looking for information (articles, advocacy groups, anything) that will help out in trying to work with a public school. Background: HG+ kid, but not ready in parent's mind for a skip, though it was offered by the school. Now the school doesn't really want to do much more in terms of differentiating, feeling they've done what they could. Kid's been tested as HG+ but any more testing would be on family dollar, not schools, and finances are a problem. Not sure if she'll qualify for Davidson yet, but probably, which'll help.

Specifically having issues with behaviour (acting out) that may or may not be related to being bored in class. Hard to know what those lines are. Kid has some additional issues, but is not learning disabled. I know there are resources out there, but am not sure where to start looking for "real" stuff. The internet is so full of stuff that may or may not be useful.

Hoping you guys can help me out, as I'm not totally sure where else to look! It's for friends of ours, and my kid is not yet school aged, so, I'm feeling like I don't know where to send them, despite loads of research into the topic (my own kid may be HG; time will tell, but I like to be prepared and have some intellectual overexcitabilities of my own).

Thanks in advance!