Grinity, we were writing our posts at the same time so I didn't see yours last night. Thank you so much for your support! If my son were more even I'd definitely think about grade skipping him, but as you can see, he's unusually uneven, and he actually gets along very well socially with his age peers, so I don't think putting him ahead is a viable option for him. What should our neuropsych have done or recommended? In her defense, we did go to her with mainly behavioral complaints, because our son has always had a terrible temper and extremely low frustration tolerance, so that's probably why she concentrated on the learning disability aspect. It's possible I was underplaying his giftedness in the initial interview, too.

I have no doubt that some of the executive function issues are real and some of them from his being gifted.

It's funny, but I actually made up a schedule with him last night for our own "afterschool program" at home, and he was pretty excited about it, so we'll see if that helps. What kinds of things did you and/or your school do for your son? I had talked before our assessment with the school guidance counselor about whether or not my son could at least sit in on other classes that would interest him, and she seemed to think that was a completely wild and unprecedented idea. It made me think I'm being overly demanding, especially as we live in an affluent school district with a lot of very smart Harvard and MIT faculty kids who seem perfectly happy with school. But I guess I need to go by how my son's doing, not how everyone else is doing.