My DS6 and I went to see it on Saturday and he really enjoyed it. I would have to admit that this is not the "typical" kids movie - it has a deeper meaning than the regular shoot them up, adventure, mermaid/fairy cartoons that most kids are used to....this movie will actually make a person think - which is a nice change from all the fluff and stuff that most kids usually see. One person's review on the web summed it up well...."This is a story about the life of a child, which is not always easy and not always happy. It's about the emotions of that." There are no flashy scenes with tons of action/adventure/colors/fluff like what most kids are used to seeing...it really touches on life lessons. My son left stating that he really enjoyed it because it made him see that he wasn't alone when he was feeling mad or frustrated and that he liked seeing "Max" act the same way he does sometimes and that people feel all different things about the way others treat them.

Again - not a toddler movie AT all...it is rated PG so that lets you know this is not for little, little kids