We were having problems with my DD9's IEP/schedule this year. I just had a meeting with the teacher and the social worker last week. I find that bringing more people into meetings works well, less confrontational(when your asking for things), more team solution/brainstorming orientated. Then I also have another "witness" to our solution/plan. Maybe a meeting with the 504 counselor and the teacher, or another combination?

We also wrote a planner, and help with a daily planner into my DD's IEP (I know they are different but similar idea). That way it is written for her to have help with filling in a daily planner and collecting any associated material, as you mentioned something similar. Ours requires the teachers signature for the day and my signature for the day. smile

I also spoke daily with my DD in the beginning about asking to type when she needs to. We discussed assignments they did and if she felt she should have typed them. So if they are doing something that requires her to type (she has dysgraphia along with her AS) then she needs to raise her hand at the beginning when she hears the assignment and ask, just in case the teacher is busy and misses the need. This has almost eliminated her need to ask now.

We also communicate regualrly by email. Our principal is in the loop, since ours is a different and unique situation within our district.

I don't know if any of that helps! I had emailed the principal about a change in teachers a two or three weeks ago. Now I am glad we waited to discuss it more until after the last meeting. I now think this teacher is beginning to understand my DD better now and will be very good for her this year.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader