My DD11 has never been formally tested but we have always thought that she might be gifted. Unfortunately, we were also those parents who thought that the school might recognize it as well. Her reading level is at 12th grade and standardized testing for our state has continuously been in the 99th percentile. She has begun showing signs of frustration in junior high although we were led to believe that she would be in classes that more appropriately matched her abilities. She did take the EXPLORE test last year and we have those results, but are unsure whether the school would even understand what they mean. This test is taken by 8th graders at our school and she was only a 5th grader at the time. At this point, we try to involve her in outside activities that interest her and encourage her to "think outside of the box." However, it worries me that she is just doing whatever needs to be done in class and doesn't seem to have the zest for learning that she once had. So, I am trying to plan what to do next and am hoping that others have been in the same situation.

Thank you for listening!

A very concerned mom