From what I have seen so far I would say that I agree. My DD had a very negative view of math after ALEKS so I started her low at 4.5. (EPGY wants a child working above 85% at all times.) It took her 20 hours to get to 5.4, where she is now. She has already encountered material that she hasn't seen or that is presented very differently, especially in the geometry strand. Most material is review but she moves quickly through that and I see her confidence improving. Some problems are also multiple steps and EPGY demands that those steps be demonstrated in some cases when you first experience a certain type of problem, to determine where any error might be. That was new for my DD. I like that it will direct you to an error and ask you to retry a problem before giving you the answer. wink I also like that there is a lecture first, even though it can be clicked through, rather than just problems where the work can be shown.

My DD is using the program at school right now for about 25 minutes a day when the class is doing something else. (She only goes to PS for English.) Then we are using a higher textbook/online program at home to present new material until she gets caught up in EPGY. I have found that the majority of parents using the program start their children out at least 1/2 a year behind where they think they would be, others even more, because of the differences in the program.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader