Originally Posted by Cathy A
Originally Posted by master of none
If my kid is drawing on the white board when the teacher told them not to, I'd support a consequence. If the kids can't manage their impulses and are drawing on their board, and then have to erase when it's time to do actual work on the board, it holds up the whole group. How can you draw a group of 8 grapes +2 when you have another picture on the board? What if you like the picture and don't want to erase it? What if you have a meltdown when the teacher says to erase it? (not that your child would do this, but probably some children do) I think for group unity, just don't draw on the board until you are permitted.

I completely agree. And I supported her rule with DS. It's the consequence I have an issue with.

The good thing I see in this is your son has been able to accept it and move on. Too many of us gifted people have a highly developed sense of right & wrong, and it's really hard to accept an injustice. But at this point, it's a minor injustice. Maybe the teacher had a bad day, and wrongly jumped to a more severe punishment than deserved, and definitely did not follow protocol. Who hasn't had a bad day and treated someone else unfairly at some time? Repeated injustice needs to be addressed, but if this is the first time and it happened to my GS10, I'd be real proud of him if he didn't get bent out of shape over it. I am constantly telling GS10 "life is not fair, get over it"!