Update:

I emailed dd's school and asked if they had done any achievement tests on dd. I was told that she has not had any done and that they do formal achievement testing in 3rd grade, which is next year, although I didn't ask which specific tests they use.

Anyway, the question now is do I go ahead and pay for achievement testing to be done at this time or wait until the school does them next year? Is there a benefit to waiting until next year to have them done? She will have a year of GT under her belt as well as another year of school. That alone may improve any scores she'd receive. Someone also had mentioned the tests not being as good for younger kids. Dd is 7...is she at a good age for those tests? Currently we have no need for any advocacy assistance, however being a YSP would allow us that if we needed it. Obviously I would prefer she be accepted in the YSP but since dd is being well accommodated in school at this time its not something that is imperative. Anyway, if you'd like to offer some advice I'll gladly listen!

Thanks, ladies