Taminy,
I was interested in your skill/lexile comparison. From MAP testing at the end of 1st grade, DD7 had a Lexile range of 729-879. I haven't gotten a score yet this year. Hope that helps give you another data point.

Kthompson,
It's lame how the Lexile info is presented. The Appendix of this report has a chart titled "Lexile Measures of Readers & Classroom Reading Materials." Unfortunately they only show middle 50% instead of standard norms up to 99%.
http://www.lexile.com/pdf/june%2016/KEYNOTE-Daggett_6.16.pdf

P.S. This part of the report may be useful too:
Unlike grade equivalent (GE) measures of readability, the Lexile scale is based on uniform increments
from 200 to 2000L, i.e., an increment of 100L is constant in terms of increase in semantic and syntactic
complexity. A one-grade difference expressed in grade equivalents, however, is not. For example, the
difference in reading difficulty between 3.2 and 4.2 may be much greater than the �one-grade� difference
between 9.2 and 10.2. Moreover, Lexile measures avoid the problem of labeling reading expectations for
a particular grade level. Referencing Lexile measures also reinforces the notion that reading abilities
differ broadly within any grade.

Last edited by inky; 09/19/09 05:10 PM. Reason: P.S.