MY DS9 is really not liking his cursive writing. He keeps asking why do I have to do this? Why Can't everyone in the world just print?

I explained Printing is important for forms and applications. Cursive writing, once learned well, is very fast. Everyone has to do some subjects they don't like. Please understand, they feel this is important and good for you. I'm sorry you don't like it it will get better. I'm sure it's fustrating right now because your hand is slower than your brain. Keep working at it and enjoy your progress.

I feel like these wonderful words of wisdom are not enough. Does Anybody know of a way this work can become more meaningful? less stressful? Most of his school is very easy and I think it's good he is learning to deal with something difficult. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to fix this for him - just let him deal???? This could also be some displaced feelings which makes it seem bigger than it is. I don't think of him as a kid who is afraid of a challenge or working hard. I'm sure school is hard because he is reviewing more than he needs even though the teacher has made some efforts with him inmind.
I was wanting to write a note to the teacher but I've already written 2 this year. I'm trying to not write too many notes.

Last edited by onthegomom; 09/18/09 10:24 AM.