I'm still processing DS7's scores from a couple of weeks ago and am now to the point where I'm thinking "But, it doesn't really mean *that* rare, right?". So, his GAI is 153 and FSIQ is 139. The FSIQ seems nice and manageable, nothing too scary. But the GAI seems less straightforward.

Does a high GAI have the same rarity as the equivalent FSIQ would? On the GAI tables, the average is still 100 but, with less input to affect the score, wouldn't it mean it's easier to get a higher GAI?

Also, how do the extended norms fit in? Does the 145+ mean "beyond measure" with the GAI, even though there are extended norms that measure much higher? If it's possible to score higher, then wouldn't it mean that the test is more sensitive at the upper tail and a score closer to the old ceiling of 160 is much less impressive since the test can go to 210, thus discerning between true 145s and those that were subject to ceiling issues?

Finally a bonus question, lol- I read somewhere that scores between 17 and 19 represent ceiling scores. Was that only true before the extended norms? The tester specifically said that DS7 didn't ceiling any tests and his 18s were true 18s, not subject to the extended norms. How can a 17 or 18 be a ceiling if there were still more questions that could have been answered?

I hope something in there makes sense! Maybe I'm just over thinking this whole thing and it's much less confusing than I'm making it.

Thanks!