Sophia had a group of imaginary friends--the Musketeers (as in the 3 Musketeers). It started when she was about 3. There were actually big Musketeers and small Musketeers. Once I walked into her room and she was sitting on her bed, looking towards her closet. I asked what she was doing, and she replied, "The small Musketeers are putting on a play for me and the big Musketeers. So we are sitting here, watching them. They are SOOOO funny!"

It went well for a year or so, until the Musketeers were telling her to do bad things...whenever she got in trouble, she would say that the Musketeers had told her to do it. So we had to have a talk with the Musketeers, and since they didn't want to comply, we had to ask them to leave the house. Sophia decided that she had to ask them to leave so that they wouldn't give her bad suggestions any more.

Oh yes, she is 14 now, and is a great creative writer and poet, with a vivid imagination. So enjoy the imaginary friend days. (And my mother says that my imaginary friend was a "horse-mule" and she has a picture of me running down the street, at age 4, with a string flying behind me as I took my "horse-mule" for a run!)