My DD is beginning 'pre-algebra' this school year. A lot of the pre-algebra seems to be review already but I want her to have a good foundation at her age. We are planning on using Holt Course 2 from 2007 since that is our local PS grade 7 math. I thought this would be a good starting point. Is this enough review (a lot of it seems to be things she already knows)? I bought the teachers edition and we have the online textbook. Math isn't her favorite subject as I've said before so I don't want to push to hard. My understand is that Course 3 then begins 'pre-algebra' as far as our PS is concerned. I am thinking she will move pretty quickly through Course 2 and then on to Course 3. She is still using EPGY but wants textbooks (she wants mom to teach). She didn't do as well as I expected she would with ALEKS, she hated it, so I feel I need to have more interaction as well. The school liason said she would easily fit into seventh this year based on their testing from the end of third/beginning of fourth grade, and maybe even eighth depending on how much her math had improved. Any ideas, thoughts?

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader