Yesterday I had my first meeting with the GT teacher at dd's school. Our meeting lasted over an hour and I have to say that I am blown away by this woman. She's been teaching gifted kids for 30 years and to hear her passion for what she does was inspiring. She went over the entire year's course outline (in great detail) and I am very impressed. Dd's school is a k-6 and so her teacher showed me the plan through 6th grade as well. I wish I could list everything here but it would be an incredibly long post! Dd has been to 3 classes so far. I got to see my dd's workbooks and folders and I was amazed to read what she's done already. I was looking at all of her notes and work and I just stared. It was so advanced and so detailed I am in awe of how much she has learned so quickly. Her teacher said that dd has already caught up to the rest of the kids who have been there for a few months. She said that dd is an extremely quick learner and that she has really been impressed with her progress in such a short time. I am just over the moon. I came home from the meeting on such a high! laugh

Her teacher also talked to me about the recent movement for change with gifted education and how there is a group of parents that are passionate about advocating and gave me their information so that I could contact them. She also gave me lots of literature to read on HG kids.

What a great meeting! laugh