When I try to understand what is happening at school it is very confusing because I don't get the schedule. It is hard to know from My DS9 where he needs to be challenge most. Ex. what are the biggest chunks of time when he is bored or underchallenged? Any body have insite to getting a handle on this. It feels like it is a mystery what they do at school to a certain extent. The teachers do send home newsletters which I greatly enjoy. My DS9 could not explain to me what his schedule was last year or clarify if he was bored with something fo 5 minutes or 5 hrs a week. I am trying to prepare for his IEP review in Oct. any ideas?

Last years' K teacher for my DD6 said you don't get to see/hear it all but I do alot to challenge the kids. I believe she did. I brought up my concerns for my DD early in the year. Before school started we got a letter - they said kids should make sure they know their alphabet. But my DD was already reading!? The teacher had the kids do things like yoga and sign language. She gave my DD6 a Part in Xmas play that I thought the teacher was crazy because she had to read big words like bethlehem as a narrator. Well my DD did learn to read all those words and memorized her narration and knew everyone elses part. She surpassed my expectations. I felt like this teacher would keep her needs in mind.

I wish every teacher could let me feel so confident.

Last edited by onthegomom; 09/01/09 07:45 AM.