Thanks Dazey for commenting. He definitely struggles with focusing on homework and school work. However, he will focus so intently on things that interest him. We pulled him out of school last spring and he finished the year at a online charter school. They tested him and said he should be placed in 8th grade level classes this year. So it is strange to me that he struggled to complete 3rd grade work last year. This whole GT thing is confusing to me. He is attending a new school this fall and I suppose I should talk to them about all this but I am a little hesitant. He is definitely organizationally challenged and seems to struggle when given more than one task at a time and is easily distracted in a classroom. But he can sit and read 3 Hardy Boys books in one sitting, tested at a 9th grade reading level, read 750 words a minute on an online speed reading test, loves to read about science and history and seems to have close to a photographic memory. So why can't he complete 3rd grade worksheets?! I am frustrated.