Originally Posted by onthegomom
My kids won't eat their vegetables. maybe i do have something to learn here.
Veering wildly off-topic...

Although I'm known to have the occasional outburst at the table for misbehaving cretins, the Eating of Vegetables has been handled with an impressive amount of restraint on my part.

The child is free to leave his vegetables, however, they will be reheated at each subsequent meal (getting nastier & nastier) AND become his only source of sustenance until he chooses to eat them.

AND... the particular variety that caused the ruckus will appear meal after meal (Squash for breakfast? Yay!) until the complaining stops.

Little Miss Princess suddenly realized that zucchini once or twice a week was far preferable over zucchini at nearly every meal for a week.

The kids have learned to eat every vegetable under the sun, and they even "like" some of them now -- especially broccoli.

Of course, we aren't so cruel as to force brussel sprouts, lima beans, cauliflower and other similarly hideous vegetables. I can be mean, but not that mean!

Another secret to success? Steam fresh veggies. Steaming is what finally got me to enjoy my veggies after literally 30+ years of gagging on them. (My mom always boiled things into oblivion. Blechh.)

While I'm sure this approach wouldn't work for everyone, it's kept me from having any fights at the table -- at least over food.

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz