To my understanding, CTY at John Hopkins uses the same EPGY program that Stanford developed for the early grades. It may change around algebra. I'm not sure. I know nothing about gifted learning links. We chose Stanford EPGY initially because, based in CA, they are aligned to the CA math curriculum and, thus, we were hoping it would be easier to argue for the substitution/inclusion of EPGY.

If you pay the full amount, EPGY comes with an instructor and a call center to answer your math or technical questions. I do the math with my DS5 and we don't call unless we can't technically figure it out. The instructor sends weekly e-mail monitoring his progress. She hasn't done that much for us although I have heard that she does if you need it.

I personally think that online instruction will be the dominant mode of instruction in the future. With all the incompetent teachers, I can't imagine that online instruction will not prevail. Then all the competent teachers can work along side the children providing supplemental instructional, and we would no longer be having a discussion about differentiation in the classroom. But this will take at least a generation to happen because those unions are really strong. Online instruction will also save big bucks. I think our son's school is interested because of the cheaper cost factor.