We used it, in conjunction with the district's gifted coordinator and the school's principal. Overall, I liked it. Honestly, it was nice to have something so concrete.
You answer the questions, tally the points and then there are recommendations based on those points for whole grade acceleration.

60-80 pts -excellent candidate for whole grade acceleration, acceleration is recommended
46-59 pts -good candidate for whole grade acceleration, acceleration is recommended
35-45 pts -marginal candidate for whole grade acceleration, No clear recommendation . . . consider curricular alternatives
34 or fewer points - whole grade acceleration not recommended. Consider single subject acceleration, mentoring, enrichment or other alternatives

The form is broken into the following categories:
I. General Information
II. Critical Items
III. School History
IV. Assessment of Ability (results of any IQ tests are used to come up with a IAS score): 2-6 points awarded
V. Assessment of Aptitude (results of any aptitude tests are used to come up with a IAS score): up to 8 points awarded
VI. Assessment of Achievement (results of any achievement tests are used to come up with a IAS score): up to 8 points awarded
VII. School and Academic Factors: up to 22 points awarded
VIII. Developmental Factors: up to 9 points awarded
IX. Interpersonal Skills: up to 16 points awarded
X. Attitude and Support (from both family and school): up to 11 points awarded

My biggest struggle was answering some of those �touchy-feely� questions in sections VII-IX. I had trouble determining the most appropriate answer to describe DS- i.e. is the information they want compared to his age-peers, his intellectual-peers, gifted kids (in general), all kids (in general)??

I�d be happy to give you more details about each section is you desire. The form is not a secret so you should have time to review it before meeting with the school.

Mom to DYS-DS6 & DS3