Oh, gosh, let me see if I can answer without writing a novel. wink

I have always been a worksheet person. I love them. So, yeah, I liked grade school for the most part. I did have huge conflicts in K with my teacher, who was horrible and patronizing and tried to make me dance with letter people despite the fact that I was already reading at at least a high school level, and who eventually recommended that I be held back for failing to learn to tie my shoes. After grade school, school was just a place for socializing and daydreaming as far as I was concerned.

I turned off big time in about the 8th grade. It wasn't as if I was learning anything anyway...and that is not just what I thought at the time, but what I still believe today. I did everything I could, including actually asking my teachers for extra work. I was not given any accommodations.

I did go to college. I expected it to be challenging, but it wasn't. Then I went to law school. If it hadn't been for the law review, that would also not have been challenging--though I did at least feel that I was learning.

I am now a stay-at-home mother of a (highly+?) gifted child. I think that it is a profession that utilizes my talents. smile Also, when I did work as a lawyer, there was a lot of challenge, and it was reasonably fulfilling.

I wish I had not been in grade school at all. I wish someone had recognized that I was PG before middle school. And I wish that in middle school when I was tested someone would have bothered to change my educational situation instead of just being surprised and going on with the status quo. I wish I had known just one other PG person. (I did know a HG girl, but she was years younger than me, and while I enjoyed her company, it did not provide me with a true peer.) I wish I had not spent my entire childhood "learning" that hard work is pointless, that nobody gets me, and that nobody has any knowledge to share with me. frown

The irony is that I was in my district's gifted programming and participated in many enrichment activities, summer camps, etc. I am sure that my parents thought they were doing enough. I know they fought for me--after all, I would have flunked K if they hadn't intervened.