New here, and not sure this is the right forum for my question, so please excuse if so. I searched to see if this question has been addressed before (no doubt it has), but did not find anything. If someone is aware of an old thread on this, please point the way!

My question is this: My daughter was screened for the GT program in her school, but failed to meet the cutoff (130) on the WISC-IV and was eliminated from the pool. Her scores are all over the map, however, and from what I can gather, big discrepancies like hers in composite scores should cause the examiner to figure the score using something other than the FSIQ. Her verbal composite is 145, and her GAI is well above the cutoff (can't recall exact number). But the school insists on going with the FSIQ.

Has anyone been in this position? I wonder what the best tack would be for advocacy? The school is aware of the GAI but chooses not to use it.... If she's not "officially" gifted then the school provides zero accommodation, not even differentiation in the classroom.