Hi,

I am glad I found this forum, a place where I can talk about my DD without prejudices.

I give a brief intro on us:

We have a daughter, DD, who is now 4 years old and a son, DS, who is now 16 months old. DD has been tested and got IQ=120 on the Stanford-Binet (version IV) and 137 on the Columbia Maturity test, plus an mental age of 6.5 years old.

She is being raised multilingual. Now she speaks three languages and have passive knowledge of the fourth (English actually).

She has a visual tracking problem, and this shows mainly on the gross motor skills: she cannot catch a ball for example.

She is not reading or counting yet (well, she counts until 6). I think it is the multilingualism combined with the eye tracking problem.

We started a vision therapy to correct the visual problem, but this has gone terribly wrong. The therapist was extremely negative about DD, everything was wrong with her: she is too verbal, she asks too many questions, she does not visualize, she is naughty... She essentially links myopia with intellingence. She would make all those comments in front of her. I thought DD would not really understand what we talk since it was in English, but she must have got a lot, because she thought that I did not love her any more and that the therapy was to 'change' her literally.

Anyway, that's enough for now.

Has anybody have similar experiences?