We are currently using ALEKS and this has been one of my questions lately. For summer I am trying something different. I am still using ALEKS but am having my DD use yourteacher.com. I have her look up what she would do on her pie and then go to the your teacher site and do the work associated with that idea and then return to ALEKS to do the few questions once she has the concept down. This works because she is in the higher levels on ALEKS and most of what isn't filled in in her pie is covered in the pre-algebra on yourteacher.com.

I considered EPGY but everyone I talked to said the same thing as above, very dry. My DD was fed up with math when we started homeschooling and very done with constant repetition of things she had mastered so I was very concerned that EPGY would eliminate what little "like" she has found for math. We are looking at PLATO for formal pre-algebra (their algebra I) once she has finished ALEKS 6. I think some of it may be review but I want to make sure she has a good foundation before we move on to Algebra (their algebra II).

Forgot to add: I'm trying it because the homeschoolbuyersco-op had yourteacher.com at a good price for 6 months covering the summer.

Last edited by melmichigan; 05/17/09 07:13 AM. Reason: added idea

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader