hey all
thank you for being conerned about ASD. But what i was describing was more about regressing in school, not real language regression, which remains remarkably astute for her age. When she is not doing baby talk she's fantastic (i actually googled split personality i am so conerned). The school she goes to is MOntessori so it is easy for her (during the regression period i noted) to sit in the "pracical life" corner with the three year olds.She was getting a lot of attention for her advanced reading skills and was trying to blend in more with the others. After a teacher change that problem is resolved and she quickly moved back to the "Top" of the class.

and katelynsmom- really no changes in her life, its been going on since she was only two so its almost three years now, ebbing at times, but coming on really strong lately. My gut is that its a fear of growing up and she's been feeling it for so long because internally she has been "grown up" earlier than she should have been.

Tomorrow we have first session wiht a child psychologist. I will keep you posted what he says.

irene