Hello! My DS6 tested for a GT public school in our area. We got the letter today stating he "qualified to attend the school based on evaluation of data that included ability testing and achievement measures." So, I was really happy until I looked at his test scores...he took the WASI and scored 136 verbal and 111 performance. He also took the Kaufman achievement test and scored 77 percentile in reading comprehension and 66 percentile in math concepts/applications. They base their admission on a matrix score and you have to achieve an 8 or higher to qualify. Based on these scores, he got 5 points for WASI and 1 point for Kaufman (so technically, he didn't qualify with a 6). I've heard they let kids in sometimes if they don't quite make the cut but I'm worried he'd really struggle with math if he went there. OTOH, I'm worried he wouldn't get the right amount of acceleration for his verbal skills if we put him in a "normal" school. The GT school has a great art and music program (which my DS would love) but I don't know if that's enough of a reason to have him possibly struggle. My DH says its a great school and if we have to, we can get him a tutor for math but I just don't know...any opinions? Thanks!