Wow, this is *exactly* the kind of stuff I was hoping to find, different ways to think about what he already knows or completely different paths all together!

Cryptography sounds right up his alley- he's been creating his own codes and cyphers and giving me messages to decode lately.

The Business Math program from Charlotte Mason looks great, too!

I didn't realize that Math Olympiad had elementary level problems, which I think might be exactly the kinds of problems I want him to learn to solve. It uses basic math he already knows, but he has to get creative and manipulate it in new ways.

Using Singapore and Alex to review and take care of gaps is a good idea, so rather than use them as our primary teaching programs (which we've done both in the past), we can use them as needed at or slightly below level.

I know he already doesn't love math and I would think that if I push him forward, it's not going to help any. The Life of Fred: Fractions has been great, he actually enjoys it a lot and I want to do the next book LOF: Decimals, too. But that's only maybe 6 months worth of work before the 3rd book which is Algebra. So, I'm hoping that we can fill in with other things and get a year or 18mo between the lower level LOF books and the problem solving type resources you guys have suggested.

And I'm still confused on how a not-PG kid is running through math like this? I didn't really believe we were this far ahead until he did an online assessment (Let's Go Learning) and it put him at Grade 5.25 and the test only goes to end of 5th grade. I'm just not *that* fabulous of a teacher, lol!

I'm feeling a lot calmer about this now though, I can see there are a lot more resources out there than what I had found before and they definitely add some depth and breadth to what we've already done.

Thank you all (and if anyone has more suggestions, I'll take all I can get)!

Kimberly