Hello! No, we're not really school shopping yet ... But we *are* waiting on financial aid decisions ... I recently heard that FA was not re-granted to an online friends' kids, and I'm starting to wonder what we'd do if we didn't get FA at ds6's current school for next year. There's no way we can afford the 5-digit tuition ... I like to be prepared. smile

So ... I've just started poking around the area. After such a nasty experience at our public school, I don't want him back there -- and I know he would protest heartily. I've been checking out parochial schools, but it's hard to get a feel!

Ds will turn 7 soon, and will be in second grade next year. No grade acceleration yet, but working around fourth grade level in reading and math (reads higher level for pleasure). I've come to the conclusion that we'd *have* to skip a grade to transition back to non-gifted school ... I found one parochial school that groups first/second, third/fourth, etc., and says it focuses on the individual's learning needs, but I'm a little wary of putting him in a class that would have 10-year-olds, even if they'd go for it.

Anyway, my main question is, how does one approach a new school? Clearly we did it wrong the first time around! Do I schedule a conference with the principal and just lay our cards on the table -- take it or leave it, school? I know I've got the advantage at this point, since we're not *planning* on moving him ... Thoughts?

Mia