Originally Posted by master of none
He is full of facts, but I'm looking for a text book to help him put together all this info into a framework (like animal kingdom, classification, etc). I would like to start him on a middle school level first. Does neoscience or singapore sound like they might be helpful? (WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR HANDS ON-Just read and memorize)
Hmmm... You could do Singapore without the activities, but it would be a little tricky... the workbook relies on the activities almost as much as on the text. But if you wanted I suppose you could just get the text to read and nevermind the activities or the workbook... It wouldn't be the ideal use of the curriculum, but it might do.

On the other hand, if you look at the science-related books from Critical Thinking Press, you might find something that would be closer to what you're looking for. We have an older (out of print?) book from them that has concept maps for life science, but I think it matches or nearly matches their "Thinking Connections" Book-on-CD. It really is just concept maps... so I don't think it would make a complete curriculum at all, but it might make a good complement to voracious reading.

Erica