Originally Posted by Bassetlover
I never marked down the exact times, so I may be wrong, but my daughter, who has been identified as gifted, did not seem significantly, or at all ahead of these benchmarks. But like I said, I could be completely wrong. She was not my first GT child, so it could just be that I thought the times were normal, since at the time she was a baby, the other child had not been identified as gifted yet.

FWIW, my ds doesn't stand out significantly when reading those milestone charts -- other than sitting fairly early (independently by 4mo), his other physical milestones are pretty standard. He wasn't a particularly early on talking, and didn't speak in sentences until 27 months (where he burst out a long one). It isn't until the 18mo or 2yo milestones that he starts to seriously deviate from "expectations."

We knew there was *something* weird about him -- his attention span, his need for constant stimulation, his sensitivity to noises and crowds -- but was certainly not thinking "gifted" at the time. He's an only child, so we didn't have much to compare to. In fact, I didn't start looking at gifted boards til he was 4.5yo, when he started reading chapter books! Maybe I just catch on slowly. smile

Mia