I'm a very bad parent. I generally let them choose what they want to watch (within reason). DS5 likes TV more than DD3 and always has.

DS5 has always liked watching "older" shows (was over Sesame Street by age 1. It bored him). He's fascinated by martial arts & things that go, so he watches recorded episodes of the Power Rangers (though there's one that he is too scared of) and Monster Jam... ah yes, monster trucks on tv, monster trucks on the wii and monster trucks on the floor (they hurt ya when you step on them).

Both DS5 & DD3 love Tom & Jerry, and I am very guilty of allowing them to watch such a violent cartoon. BUT, I do discuss it with them, etc...

DD3 used to be into Dora, but now she is fascinated by Hip Hop Harry. I loathe Hip Hop Harry! wink

The kids MAY watch 30 minutes to an hour each day on average, but they would both rather be doing something instead of watching something.

We have movie night once or twice a month(generally Friday nights), and I usually have to BEG for something other than Cinderella, Cars, or any of the High School Musical movies.

And DS5 likes "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?", so we sometimes catch that.

I do like to watch documentaries with them, but we don't necessarily seek them out.

Last edited by JJsMom; 03/26/09 09:38 AM.