Last year at the end of 1st grade my daughter was pulled out of class for GT testing. I had no idea they were pulling her out. After school when I picked her up she started crying. She said that she had to take a test and didnt know why she was the only one who had to. She went on to say that she got every answer wrong because the "man" kept writing marks on the paper when she answered. (her 1st grade teacher would mark things wrong on the paper when they were incorrect..she assumed this was happening during the test) Anyway, she crumbled. She was so upset. I later found out that she did not pass, that her IQ was 106. After speaking with the psychologist about her results it was obvious that she shut down during the test. He suggested retesting her next year but I sensed that maybe he wasn't convinced it would make that much of a difference. But I knew this was not a reflection of her ability so I said that I did want her retested.

Last week she had her 2nd test. Yesterday I got the test results. Not only did she qualify for the GT program (requires IQ of 130+) but her IQ this time is 150! Sometimes Parents really do know their kids, huh? Im so glad I said I wanted her retested. And relieved that the school retested her.

Last edited by Tammiane; 11/09/07 12:23 PM.