Hello! I am new to this forum and find it very interesting so am hoping for some advice. My DS6 has heard all his life that he's so smart, advanced, precocious, etc. Well, his K teacher recommended he get tested for the G/T program, said she uses a pretty "accelerated" curriculum (its a private K) and he sails through that. I had him tested in our public school system for their G/T program. They used an abbreviated form of Weschler, using vocabulary (where they asked him the meaning of different words) and a block design test. They said he scored 121. She said he was a little higher in verbal but pretty even for both tests. How accurate do you think this is with just using the abbreviated Weschler? There is another school district not far from us that he could also be tested at that uses an IQ test where they test "verbal and performance" and they also use an achievement test. She said the total time to take this test is 30-45 minutes so it still sounds abbreviated to me. Would it be worth having him tested in the other school district or do you think the 121 is pretty accurate? In my local school district, they have a magnet program and cluster program and with the 121, my DS would qualify for the cluster program (cluster is 120s, magnet is 130s) so he would still get some enrichment but his K teacher makes it sound like he really needs something more challenging.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!