What if the achievement scores are higher than the cognitive scores? Would that indicate anything in particular? Is it even possible? I'm only familiar with the reverse situation (achievement lower than IQ) and the reasons seem much more obvious.

I have ds's cognitive scores but I don't have the achievement scores and I'll be finding out tomorrow at the IEP meeting (I hate surprises). So I'm trying to come up with questions in advance even though I have no idea how it will come out. There's a slight chance that ds's achievement scores in the math area could be significantly higher than his performance on the cognitive test - even though he had a nice score in the visual section (not that I have the subtest scores for that yet either). Would it merely mean that the cogitive portion wasn't a good assessment? (I can't say that I feel it was great, but he's still very much developing. I noticed that it contains a fair amount of auditory processing, and he didn't do as badly as I thought he would with that, but still he has issues that leave something to be desired in that area.)

thanks
smile