Thanks SPG. I did hear that MNVA is a little less flexible than Connections academy. I was looking at Cyber Village Academy. It is all online and I loved the topics covered. She said there are no timed tests, no pencil and paper so that we could do on our own at a very limited pace. Are you contemplating this route SPG?

Yes Kriston our little guys are close in age. My son will be 7 this summer. He placed in first grade for LA on timed testing and pencil and paper. Won't just plain reading bring that up by itself? And I agree with you 100% that kids need to be taught that learning is fun and this is where you find what you need. The teacher who administered his reading test told him he needed to speed up. When my son said he liked to go slow and enjoy the story, picturing it in his head, she said "There is a time and place for that. Not at school." Still not able to wrap my mind around that comment. I will keep everything you said about homeschooling in mind. You are very convincing. laugh

Thanks CFK too for the heads up down the road.