Originally Posted by ziggy
Are you HS'ing now? I'd love to hear how others got through this tough time!
No, I have never HSed, but in hindsight, think it mighthave been the best solution, at least until middle school. Home schooling for me would have primarily meant finding opportunities for him to learn and directing him to a computer site or driving him somewhere.
That is what I do now. Since last fall, my son has received financial aid to attend a college prep 6th-12th grade school. He has been allowed to take math one grade ahead this year and will add science subject acceleration next year. He is the singular exception in his class of 100. I appreciate that the staff of his school approached our requests for subject acceleration with some skepticism that he could clear �their� standard, but without a predetermined decision. This is the best conceivable situation for him as I would no longer be useful to him as a teacher and he prefers to interact with his instructors more than on-line courses permit.
He definitely would have progressed much faster had we substituted virtual classes for the slower pace of elementary grades though.