I used to live in NoVA and researched it a little. The school's are EXTREMELY expensive. I believe Flint Hill is $20K a year. Nysmith was over $15K/year as well. I was sort of put off by Nysmith when I called to inquire a couple years ago. I felt like it was situated more towards "rich" people.

My daughter went to Immanuel Christian School in Springfield for a short time. She was in kindergarten there for only a few months before we moved. Although it was a short time, it was phenomenal. The kindergarten classes were very small and had a full time teacher and aid in each classroom. The academics are awesome. Their communication was top-notch. The kids are respectful and friendly.

Also remember Fairfax county is probably the best public school system in the country. However, sometimes it's almost to a fault - extremely competitive and stressful for some kids. Finally, as the years go on, there is the Thomas Jefferson High School. It's a public high school for GT students.

Ana, not sure where you live, but we sent our DD to the Jerusalem Baptist Church Mother's Day out program (in Fairfax Station) for three years, from age 2 - 4. Our DD thrived there. It's not acredited or even an official "preschool," however, because of that, they can actually tailor the curriculum to the child's needs without having to stick to strict standards. My DD's PreK class at age 4 only had 6 children in it. It was AWESOME!