MrFritz, thakyou for sharing your story, it sounds somewhat similar to mine. I have seen a few signs of perfectionism, but then i don't think he has been sufficently challenged. Somehow i manage to under estimate him alot!

SPgirl, that was a good article, i see more of DS4 in the descriptions of GT girls that other descriptions of GT kids and i see more of my DD in the 'act out' lists that in the 'girl' sections crazy. I think i will go back to my books and read the girl sections that i skipped over last time.

Dazed&C - DS sounds quite similar to yours except he doesn't make up his own problems because his teacher has never said he could.
He will be at the school next year. As we are in the UK, he's in K but they start a year younger than in the US. Next year could be better, it's a Yr(Grade) 1 and 2 mix class.

Kickball - i think you got my thought there perfectly -i want to see a years worth of acedemic growth. Right now at school they are doing "adding 1 more" , DS saw the equation x+2=7....stared at it a while and said the answer is 5... I think he is aleast 2 years ahead in maths.