Hi everyone. smile Recap: I am the mom of a 1st grade ds who was hesitant to grade skip. I re-read Iowa Acceleration and A Nation Deceived than did some pondering. I emailed the teacher to set up a quick chat to talk about her professional opinion on grade skip and what was being done to differentiate. She responded with "I have spoken with the principal and we want him to take the end of the year test for second grade reading and math to see how he scores. We would give him the tests at the beginning of April and then we can have a meeting after spring break to see where would be the best learning environment for ds next year".

I am getting a fed up tone from her but I may just be too emotional about the subject. I have tried to be sensitive and not be too pushy because I am very non-confrontational. There are a couple of things that need to be addressed if we are going to grade skip. For example Gate starts in 3rd grade will he be tested and put in Gate? Teacher preference. Etc.

Do I put my requests in writing? Can it be email? What is the procedure for this? I am sure I am already That Mom but how do I prevent this from turning ugly?

Thanks as always for your help.