Originally Posted by sfb
Heh - I don't post very often, but i HAD to write to this one. I have never heard of anyone else who wrote backward! I'm so excited to hear of others who do it! Don't know about reasons, but i always thought mine was pretty lame... you know how lefties, when they write, get ink on their hands? I had a ton of friends who were lefties, but never really got the hang of writing with my left hand (and i tried!), so i decided the next best option was to write backward with my right hand and i'd accomplish the same thing!

I was little... it seemed logical. Plus, it was a great way to escape boredom in class by taking all my notes in class backward. that's so funny. People always look at me like i'm a freak. I'm SO happy to hear of others who do this!

oh, and the first thing i thought of when i read the thread title, was the There Might be Giants song too. I love their Here come the ABC's music, but i especially love the Alphabet of Nations (West Xylophone!), and the ZYX songs.

Anyway, thanks for a laugh, and for making me feel normal. smile

I, too, love the Alphabet of Nations! My younger sis turned us on to TMBG's when my son was born. Fabulous music that I often hum to even without the kids in the car...

BTW - I write backwards -and- I am a lefty... Is this something natural to lefties??? Just curious... I once knew someone in college who could write backwards and upside down (I never could get the hang of that)!