Interesting website OHG. Thanks for finding it. It really answered my question about phonic method.

And I also ponder the amazing things my grandmother saw in her life. She was 94 when she passed last year. She grew up in a share cropper community and used transportation of horse and buggy. I have some amazing pictures of the extended family usually around the new car since it clearly was a luxury that not everbody could afford. Then fastforward to not only cars being the main transportation, but planes, sputnik leading to the race in space. Also the technology world and the wars that drove it. What an amazing time to have lived.

And the Dick and Jane books have made a come back of sorts. Last year I made DD a summer halter dress using the Dick and Jane fabrics. It is absolutely adorable with the text on the bodice and the pictures for the skirt. I really am hoping that she can still wear it this year. Also I was able to find a little dick and jane set at Half Price books for hardly anything. I don't think I have seen the books at Barnes and Nobles but you probably could order them online.