I posted for the first time about ds's handwriting problems. At the time, he was not writing very legibly, was not writing on the lines, and had poor spacing beteween and within words. We had him evaluated by an OT, and his fine motor skills were very low as was his visual-motor speed.

We got him a 504 plan at school that included OT at school, and we started taking him to see a private OT. His writing is much improved. It's definitely more legible, he writes on the lines and spaces appropriately. It's not beautiful, but it's passable at this point. However, he still has trouble with speed. We have cut back to every other week for the private OT. He got a C in writing the first grading period this year, and a B the second. Last year he didn't get the same kind of grades, but he was probably at the equivalent of a D. He still needs work to improve his writing, but the bottleneck at handwriting has at least widened.

The school OT has never been very enthusiastic about working with him. I'm sure she has students who are much more disabled to work with, but I don't think she has many as smart as he is. The school OT would like discontinue his services at school.

My questions are: Should we agree to discontinue his services? Is speed something OT's can work on?