So we've made a few adjustments, and things have definitely improved. (If you recall, our DS-almost-6, suddenly started acting out in school after returning from winter break. We met with the teacher & principal to see what we could do. And to top it off, we're in the middle of establishing our GIEP.)

Here is what we've done:

1) Very strict towards bad behavior, especially in school. Loss of privileges, additional chores, etc. VERY strict. It was a pretty rough first week.
2) Behavioral book that has a summary of his behavior at school. Each day we get this book back and DS can look at it if he wants.
3) I wake up a little bit earlier in the morning and "snuggle" with him for 5 - 10 minutes before starting the day. We have had much better mornings since starting this. I think this helps him "ease" into the day (we do have transitional issues).
4) Rewards like "family fun day" or ice cream for goals met (so many days in a row, etc).

The behavior isn't perfect, but it is definitely improved. At least now we're giving a lot more positive praise than negative consequences. He acts out at home, but his class behavior has been pretty good. So we're on the right path.

Just thought I'd share...

JB