Hi Dear Ones,
I know that many of us are testing soon, and I wonder how some of our more experienced parents brought up the subject of Educational Assesment, and what kinds of conversations we had about it.

DS11 was 7 at his first test. Here's my fanticy of what I would have told him if I had known then what I know now! I did tell him that there were Definitly going to be some questions that were too hard - because the test was make for kids of all ages. Does he think that he can do high school stuff yet? He hasn't been taught so it's not his fault if he can't do it - but they have to ask, just to make sure, ok?

Also, some of the tasks will be really boring and silly. Please try to do your best because some of what they are checking for is how you would do in a classroom when a teacher asks the class to do something silly or boring, because older kids are better at handling this without a tantum or fogging out than younger kids, so they want to see how mature you are. Of course teachers don't do this very often, but sometimes the tasks that seem silly or boring to you, are really really important to some other child, so you want to be fair, right?

Smiles,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com